Start Your Career with CCHS and make an impact in the lives of people with disabilities
For over 34 years, Columbus Center for Human Services, Inc. has been a trusted industry leader in providing comprehensive support services for those with developmental disabilities. All of our day programs and residential services utilize a person-centered approach which puts the individual at the core of all decision-making, ensuring that the support we provide helps them live a meaningful life, however they define it.
We are looking for dependable, eager, and passionate people who are committed to improving the lives of individuals with disabilities. Join our team of dedicated professionals today and help individuals with disabilities lead self-directed, independent, and meaningful lives tomorrow.
Start your career with us today and make an impact in the lives of people with disabilities!
Full-time, part-time, and flexible schedules are available
At Columbus Center for Human Services, Inc., there are no limits to where you can go in your career! We are committed to your professional development and personal growth.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits plan which includes:
• 100% paid training
• Paid vacation and sick leave (buyback options available)
• Paid holidays
• One personal day annually
• Medical, vision, dental, life, & gap insurance
• Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
• Short and long-term disability insurance
• 401k retirement
• Employee assistance program
• Structured career ladders
• Weekend, medical, behavioral, & complex care differentials
• Mileage reimbursement
• Referral bonuses
• Retention bonus
• Discount programs
• Paid smoking cessation classes
All employees receive comprehensive, paid training that includes:
- Policies and Procedures
- Grievances, standards of conduct, ethics
- Fire Safety & Emergency Response
- Emergency preparedness
- Violence in the workplace
- American Red Cross First Aid and CPR
- Department of Developmental Disabilities Training
- Overview of serving people with Developmental Disabilities
- Rights of people with developmental disabilities
- Person-centered services
- Introduction to trauma-informed care
- Protecting health & welfare of people with developmental disabilities
- Universal precautions
- Community Integration
- Transportation Safety and Requirements
- Driving modified vehicles
- Wheelchair tie-downs
- Transportation documentation
- Ohio State Highway Patrol vehicle inspections
- Body Mechanics
- History of Services
- History of DD services
- Background of CCHS
- Cultural Diversity
- Medication Administration
- 11:00 am - 3:00 pm Columbus, OH
Open Door Art Studio & Gallery artists will visit the Wexner Center for the Arts to view their current exhibition,...
- 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm Sharon Weiss Gallery
Artists from Open Door Art Studio & Gallery will visit the Sharon Weiss Gallery to view the exhibition, Seeds of...
- 11:00 am - 3:00 pm the Dublin Arts Center
Open Door Artists will visit the Dublin Arts Center to view their latest exhibition, Jonathan Quick: The Iron Path The Iron...
- 11:00 am - 1:00 pm Ohio Statehouse West Plaza
Building Resources for Individuals with Disabilities to Gain Equality Join us at the statehouse to help bring awareness to this national workforce...
- 10:00 am - 3:00 pm Columbus Center for Human Services
CCHS Leadership Team Training 2018 Topics: CARF and CCHS strategic planning session...